1. Under normal circumstances, the new Ni-MH battery contains only a small amount of electricity, and you must charge it before you buy it. However, if the battery is shipped out of the factory for a short period of time, it is recommended to use it first and then recharge it.
2. The newly purchased nickel-metal hydride battery generally has to be charged and used 3-4 times, and the performance can be brought to the best state. Many friends encounter small problems encountered in the first charge, for example, the number of times after the first charge is not imagined. So much? After 3-4 times of charging and use, it was solved.
3. Although the memory effect of Ni-MH battery is small, it is recommended that you try to recharge it after each use, and it is a one-time full. Do not charge it for a while and then recharge it. This is an important point of "longevity".
4. When charging the battery, pay attention to the heat dissipation around the charger. It is not necessary to use any fan to deliberately blow it, but be careful not to place too much debris around the charger. In the process of using the battery, the ordinary user often does not have a dedicated storage bag; after replacing the battery, the user will habitually put the battery on, regardless of whether the place is clean and humid. The consequence of this is that the battery is easily soiled, the contacts are easily contacted with metal, such as a key, and are easily damp, and these are the enemy of the battery. Recommendation: Users should set a battery-specific placement point and keep the battery clean. To avoid problems such as loss of power, keep the contact points on both ends of the battery and the inside of the battery cover clean. If necessary, wipe with a soft, clean, dry cloth.
5. When not in use for a long time, remember to take the battery out of the battery compartment and put it in a dry environment. It is recommended to put it in the battery compartment to avoid short circuit.
6. Nickel-hydrogen batteries that are not used for a long time will naturally enter a "sleep" state after a few months of storage, and the battery life is greatly reduced. If the NiMH battery has been placed for a long time, it is recommended that you charge it with a slow charge first. Here is another key question: For NiMH batteries, should the battery be fully discharged before being stored, or is it stored live? Which two different views should be adopted? Many people think that the former should be used, but the author believes that battery storage is more reasonable. Because: According to the test, the best condition for the storage of NiMH batteries is to save about 80% of the charge. This is because the self-discharge of Ni-MH batteries is large (about 10%-15% in one month). If the battery is completely discharged and then stored, it will not be used for a long time. The self-discharge phenomenon of the battery will cause over-discharge of the battery. Will damage the battery. Do not believe? Then you think about whether the newly purchased Ni-MH rechargeable battery has electricity. This is the reason. Suggestion: Compare more, correct the wrong view, start from the right direction to maintain the battery, otherwise it will backfire.
7. A lot of friends posted a message asking how to discharge nickel-metal hydride? After asking a lot of battery experts, I came to a consistent conclusion to remind my friends. Try not to discharge the Ni-MH battery. Over-discharge will cause the charging failure. The harm of this is far greater than the memory effect of the Ni-MH battery itself!
8. The multimeter self-test battery is full or not. Generally, the nickel-hydrogen battery has a voltage of 1.2V or less before charging, and the normal voltage is about 1.4V after being fully charged. With this judgment, it is easy to judge the status of the battery.
9. Chargers are mainly divided into fast charge and slow charge. The slow charge current is small, usually around 200mA. For example, our common charging current is around 160mA. Her charging time is long, and it takes about 16 hours to charge a 1800mAh NiMH battery. Although the time is slower, the charging will be sufficient and the battery will not be damaged. The fast charge current is usually above 400mA, the charging time is obviously reduced a lot, it can be done in 3-4 hours, and it has won everyone's favorite. There are many types of fast charge, and the prices are different. Therefore, everyone often has doubts, the same is fast charge, why the price is very different? Good chargers, especially good fast chargers, are equipped with anti-overcharge protection. For example, our common Panasonic charger BQ390 is particularly good in this respect. The excellent chip software design ability also charges the battery when charging Fast charge damage to the battery is reduced to a minimum.
10. Contradiction occurs: slow charge does not hurt the battery but the charging time is too long; fast charge can save time, but it is harmful to the battery, even the best Panasonic best charger BQ390 in the world can only reduce the damage degree very well. But not completely avoided. The way to resolve the contradiction is to buy a fast charge and a slow charge. Use a fast charge for a period of time, for example, after 5 or 10 times, use slow charge for one or two times. This will restore the battery's performance to its optimum state.
11. When the battery is used, it is usually a battery pack, which is 4 or 6 in series. At this time, it is important to maintain the balance of each battery. Otherwise, the battery problem will affect the operation of the entire battery pack. First of all, to ensure the same battery capacity, it is best to choose the same brand of the same model purchased at the same time. Then, to keep the internal charge of the battery consistent, in short, the battery pack's power is either full or empty. If there are more batteries to make several sets of battery packs, you can try "select". Specifically, battery cells with similar parameters such as capacity and voltage are connected in series to form a battery pack. Due to insufficient conditions, it is generally possible to measure the voltage after the discharge point and the voltage of the good power.
12. Finally talk about charging and discharging.
The high-end NI-MH charger uses -DELTAV to detect the battery voltage to determine if the battery is fully charged. When the battery is charged, the voltage curve is similar to that of the discharge. It starts at a relatively fast rise and then slowly rises. When it is charged, the voltage starts to drop rapidly, but the drop is not very large. The previously used nickel-cadmium batteries are similar, except that the speed and amplitude of the drop are larger than those of NI-MH. The most chargers on the market (the cheaper ones) often use constant voltage charging. For example, the old GP charging treasure is 1.4V voltage, that is, when the battery is flushed to 1.4V, there is no voltage difference, and the charging is over. . The result is often that the battery can not be fully charged, especially for some older batteries, because the internal resistance increases, the voltage actually added to the battery is lower. Moreover, the current of such a charger tends to be small, and charging often takes more than 10 hours. The charger that is automatically cut off by -DELTAV can accurately control the charging time, so it can be reliably used for charging with a large current. The damage of high-current charging for nickel-metal hydride batteries is not as much as everyone thinks. On the contrary, the current use of DC requires more high-current charging. The first is the time issue, don't need to talk about it. Then, the nickel-hydrogen battery has a characteristic, that is, the larger the current you charge, the more current it can discharge. Now DC is the electric tiger, the current is not small, so the relative use is relatively large. Current charging is a wise choice to keep the battery cleaner. Generally, the charging current of No. 5 can't exceed 1.5C, and C is the battery capacity, which is 1000MAH battery, not more than 1.5A. I usually use 0.5C for charging (my charger is adjustable current). In terms of discharge, in general, the DC black screen can be used to charge, and the NI-MH memory effect is small. However, after a period of use, as well as to balance the battery and activate the battery, it is necessary to control the termination voltage of the battery discharge. The termination voltage of the NI-MH battery is 0.9V. When discharging, be careful not to over-discharge. When it is placed at 0.9V per battery, it can stop discharging. NI-MH batteries are not as strong as nickel-cadmium batteries, and are sensitive to overcharge and overdischarge and high temperatures. Charge and discharge temperature. In general, do not let the battery temperature exceed 45 degrees. When the battery is full, the battery will heat up. When the high current is full, the temperature should be about 42 degrees. Do not exceed 45 degrees. Otherwise, the life will be quickly reduced and the internal resistance of the battery will increase. Also, after charging, the battery temperature is high, and it can be charged after cooling, and the charging money should wait for the battery to cool. Re-use after a long time without using it. It is best to recharge the battery several times. When using it, pay attention to keeping the package intact and not damaged, so as to avoid short circuit. Don't hit the impact battery, don't burn it, etc.
Yes, it usually expires after three years, but it can be used after expiration, but the life is short and can be used.
A qualified nickel-metal hydride battery, aftifferent models (especially different volumes) of the battery, the higher his capacity, the longer the use of the time, throwing away the volume and weight factor, of course, the higher the better.
But the same battery model, the nominal capacity (such as 600mAh) is also the same, the actual measured initial capacity is different: for example, one is 660mAh, the other is 605mAh, then 660mAh is better than 605mAh.
The actual situation may be that the capacity is high because the electrode material has more things to increase the initial capacity, and the electrode is used for stability. As a result, after a few dozen cycles, the battery with high capacity is rapidly depleted, and the capacity is low. The battery is still strong. Many domestic battery manufacturers often use this method to oltra-high capacity (1600mAh), the same is true.
The cost of increasing capacity is to sacrifice cycle life. Manufacturers are not in the context of the modification of battery materials, and it is impossible to truly "improve" battery capacity.
GUANGZHOU GEILIENERGY ELECTRONIC CO., LTD.
We provide customers with quality products and provide high-quality services
If you would like to leave us a comment please go to contact us